Friday, November 6, 2009

Lost and Found

I just went through a very stressful few hours. Wanna know what happened? Well, this was my afternoon. I was at Babies 'R Us getting diapers. Then I went across the street to another shopping center to GIANT. I had gone through the grocery isle with everything scanned, the cashier gave me the total, I went to my bag to get my wallet and… IT WAS GONE!
With Jaron and Abigail, I had gone back through every grocery isle, the parking lot, gave them my info., went back to Babies R Us, checked their parking lot, talked to the desk, left my info. No luck. I was panicked. I called Jeremy who wasn't too far away from there, and he came to help me look. It was getting late so I had to stop looking and just go home to feed the kids a late lunch and get them down for naps. Jeremy had already started cancelling our credit cards. Then after I got J & A down for their naps, I checked our answering machine, which I should've done right when I walked in the door. A lady had called and said she found it in the BRU parking lot and had dropped it off AT MY HOUSE. She said she had just left it in between our two front doors. I ran to look and sure enough, there it was sitting in an envelope between the door and the storm door.

I can't believe how well the Lord takes care of us! I can't believe how He answers our prayers! But that's just it! I don't believe, not enough anyway. My faith had fallen short. I panicked instead of remained peaceful. I doubted instead of trusted. I should have trusted that even a lost wallet was in the Lord's hands. I am ashamed.

Of course, when something like this happens, you think the worst of what could happen. My thoughts were that it might have fallen into the hands of a dishonest person who wanted to take advantage of free money and credit cards. It didn't. It fell into the hands of a lady who says she does this sort of thing all the time. (Was she an angel?) She said she saw the wallet driving past it and had stopped to pick it up. She wasn't even going to Babies 'R US, but another store in the shopping center.
Anyway, the Lord used this incident to show me my weakness and my need for Him. He had been faithful to me, even though I wasn't being faithful to Him. Doesn't that sound a lot like the Cross?

3 comments:

geniene simrak said...

Oh, Mary! What a fiasco!! I loved the pictures you took of yourself. Hahaha!! That was so cute. I'm so glad that lady dropped it off for you. That made it that much better, so you didn't have to drive back to get it. God is so good. I'm glad you can sigh with relief now.

See you in the morning. I will need coffee. = )

La Familia Garcia said...

Great story! Great lessons learned!! Oh, and cute pictures for our reading pleasure!!

The Sinks said...

You're a nut with those pictures! Thanks for sharing how God spoke to you through this incident. What a great perspective you have after it was all said and done. And glad that He brought it back to you...at your house! That's amazing!