Monday, September 21, 2009

The Spirit of Philadelphia Dinner Date

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter in the mail from someone asking me to go on a dinner date cruise on the Spirit of Philadelphia with him. It turns out it was my loving, sweet husband. I was surprised and so excited! This is something we were considering to do on our first anniversary, but it got brushed aside with other plans. I've been wanting to go on a SP cruise basically since I moved into this area. So that's just what we did. We got my wonderful sister, Geniene, to watch Jaron and Abigail (who did fine for her first time w/o her mommy nursing her before bed...what a relief for me!), and we went out on a very special date.
I had come down with a bad cold the day before and feeling pretty rotten that day, so we had considered postponing it, but I was able to muscle up the energy to go (with a little help with a decongestant pill, of course) and I'm so glad I did. But it seemed to me that it was more than just me who muscled the energy, but God who gave me that extra bit of strength to go and have an enjoyable evening. I was feeling so drastically different after our evening began than I was at home. Usually it's the opposite. Sometimes I think He gives us what we need, such as physical strength, to endure the things that we really need, such as a romantic evening of just husband and wife time, which He knows we DID need that. It's just another way the Lord shows us how He cares for those that He loves.
We went last Thursday and traffic was so incredibly busy and jam-packed going into the city (even though we left extra early already considering traffic into our travel time), we thought we might not make it for the boarding, but thankfully we did. It was a very elegant boat with a full buffet of wonderful food, a bar, a dance floor, two decks outside with chairs and tables so you can eat out there and/or just enjoy the view.
Thank you Jeremy for the wonderful time! It was a date that won't be forgotten.

Before boarding


Our dinner table was by a window so we could look out on the water as we ate.



On the deck

2 comments:

California Riggalls said...

so glad you guys were able to go and glad the kiddos did great! love the dress :)

Brian & Mary Hand said...

What great pictures! You both look awesome and sounds like you had such fun! (Mary, you would never know you weren't feeling well). I'm so happy for you both! (One of my proms was on the SP, and I loved it).